Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Final Countdown

We are on the final countdown to our Big Daddy being home. This is so exciting and many time I am overwhelmed with emotion (the super awesome amazing kind). My outfit is picked out and our happy homecoming banner is on its way. I catch myself day dreaming about what that moment will feel like when we are all back together. Today one of my very good friends said "You did it!" and I thought, hell yeah we did it! We did it because of Mike's strength and the strength he taught our boys and our family. I am so proud of us and however silly it may sound I have to say I think we handled it with dignity, grace and most importantly with respect of the journey we chose to go on. Love that we can add this to our list of accomplishments and open the next chapter. Super cheesy post I  know but this is my blog and I can post what I want ;) xo

1 comment:

Jennifer Sargent said...

This post is anything but cheesy. I am so very excited and happy for you to be together with Mike again!! You should be proud of yourself, not only dealing with everyday "life" with 2 kids by yourself but with one being sick on top of it. You are amazing and you totally Rock as a wife and mother. I really miss you and your fun energy! The phrase you wrote about "respect of the journey you guys choose" just really hit me. Being an Army wife is NOT easy and sometimes I think we forget that it was a choice we made no matter how hard and that it is an important path we're on that is not made for everyone! Thank you for sharing, it really encouraged me:)