Thursday, June 3, 2010

Monthly Pregnancy Update - 8 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: OMG I do not even want to tell you... I have gained about 5lbs already. Yeah I know, just smile and tell me if it is ok. That is what everyone else is doing ;)



Maternity clothes? Last month I reported I was excited to be to the point of needing maternity clothes... I LIED! Tomorrow I will be 9 weeks and here I am in maternity clothes. I guess I forgot that my butt is the first thing to get pregnant.
 Stretch marks? Nada. I am working very hard to maintain the great recovery I did on the last ones and to prevent new ones.


Sleep: I am sleeping great for like 4 hours at night then the rest of the night is more frustrating then anything. Naps during the day would be awesome but as a FT Mom, FT student, FT career woman, and FT Wife naps are just not in my stars.



Best moment this week: Two things... #1 Mike coming to my first doctors appointment and #2 Having someone recognize I was pregnant at the grocery store. She even knew I was really early and gave me credit for this being child #2. That lady probably has no clue but she made me feel so much better that day because I have been so self concious. (Ah jeez I got teary eyed writing that, HORMONES!)



Movement: Still too soon for that but I read I will feel it earlier with this one then I did with Ethan. Can't wait.


Cravings: Fruit and anything sweet. Fruit & Yogurt parfaits from McDonalds are high on the list.


Gender: I am now feeling like it is a girl.


Labor Signs: N/A



Belly Button in or out: No belly button change yet. Well it had got weird, like a frowny face (lol) but still a normally belly button.



What I miss: My JEANS!
 What I am looking forward to: Our first ultrasound in 3 weeks.

How is Dad: The most understanding and patient man in the entire world. I am so hormonal and unreasonable and he plays it off like no big deal. He even goes out of his way to snap me out of it and I love him so much for that!

How is Big Brother: Ethan now understands there is a baby in a belly. However, he thinks the baby is in his belly and it is so stinkin cute! LOL! He is going to be an amazing big brother.
 Milestones: First doctors appointment and picking out names, Evelyn Rebecca for a girl and Evan Michael for a boy. We still reserve the right to change the names at any point before the baby arives. Although we have decided we are sticking with names that begin with the letter E.



Thoughts: Trying to accept my quickly changing body, beyond excited about everything we still have to experience, and trying to control mood swings along with food cravings.
 
Next time I report we will be through the 1st trimester and I will begin to share pics! Woo!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

First of all, I LOVE that my pics are all over your blog! Second, I craved the same stuff so I'm saying girl for now too and I love E names as well ; )