Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Moments Like These

Mom says, "Ethan make a puppy dog face."
It is obvious to anyone that knows me how much I adore my one and only little boy. He is the most fabulous little boy ever. Ethan blessed my life when I least expected it and has given my life purpose every day since. As a Mother I have days when I feel like I could do better and days when I feel like my plate is overloaded. Then Ethan comes along and reminds me of how special this life we have is and to stop worrying. (Mike deserves credit for some of that too, both my boys are so easy going)
So this morning I had to wake up at 4am, get dressed, work for an hour, get the lunches packed for the family, and drive 3+ hours to Birmingham where Ethan had 2 doc appointments at Childrens Hospital. I was dreading 7+ hours in the car, and waiting around in doctors offices, and Ethan not having his nap, and running from each appointment, to the lab, and back again. Today turned out to be a very special day with my son, and I reminded me that we need more special days where it is all about Ethan.
On the drive to Birmingham Ethan watched his movie, talked to his movie, slowly ate his breakfast, sang to some Black Eyed Peas and Miley Cyrus. Then we talked about what was going to happen when we got to the hospital. He kindly said, "K!" He was perfectly behaved all day. During his first appointment he did everything the doctor asked, even after having to wait for over an hour. After the first appointment he ate his lunch in the little park and took a quick power nap. We then went to the second appointment where there were these cute clowns doing face painting. I asked Ethan if he wanted his face done and he said yeah all sleepy like. The clown painted him into a cute puppy dog and then Ethan got the pep back in his step and he was having a lot of fun in the waiting room. We drew pictures of our family while waiting for the doctor and Ethan did everything the doctor asked once again. On the way home he drank his juice and watched another movie (Over the Hedge). During the movie Ethan cried during the sad part, it was super sweet. He then held my hand for the rest of the ride home.
Even though we were seeing doctors all day I couldn't have asked for a more awesome day with my son. It was full of laughs and fun times. He is such a good kid and I am the luckiest Mom ever!

No comments: