Thursday, November 5, 2009

Will Never Get Used To It

Wow, Mike being gone for just 3 weeks is a lot like when he was gone for 5 months. Yeah yeah yeah, I know I am being a huge baby about it all. I have learned that I will never get used to it or be ok with him being gone. Honestly, I think the day I am ok with him being gone would be a very bad day in the Maquet house. I am one co-dependent independent lady and I can run our lives and function without him being here. That is what I think it is all about. You don't start a life with someone in anticipation of them leaving you for extended periods of time, except if you are Mike & I. From the first Hello (and what a Hello it was) I knew Mike's ambitions and goals, as he knew mine, and I decided that that very moment that I was up for the adventure (those blue eyes were pretty convincing). I can confidently speak for both of us when I say we love living in a new place and all kinds of places in the future and we love making new friends. Mike gets to be a bad ass pilot and I get to be a Wife and Mom. Like I said, I will never be ok with him being away but this life is amazing!

No comments: