Sunday, November 22, 2009

Adventures of Chef Ali... 11/22/09

Since Mike & I have been together I have really started to enjoy cooking and baking. Love trying to recipes and love the entire experience. My Mother-in-law has been great to share some of her recipes and I have found a few online and tweaked them just enough to make them my own. Whenever I needed to relax or let out some frustration I would clean, my new therapy is cooking. Everything I have been making is sooo delicious so I have decided to not keep all these recipes to myself and share :) You are welcome!

We will call this the Adventures of Chef Ali ;) It will be a fun adventure! Let's begin.

Yesterday I made a delicious 7 layer dip for a BBQ we went to. Super easy!

7 Layer Dip
1 can refriend beans
1 packet taco seasoning
1 8oz whipped cream cheese
1 12oz guacamole (you can also use homemade guac)
1 small can diced green chiles
1 small can sliced black olives
1/2 tomato (diced)
salsa
sour cream
shredded lettuce
shredded cheese

First you mix the refried beans and taco seasoning together (suggested in a seperate bowl so your 7 layers are pretty in your serving dish). Spread your bean mixture in your serving dish as layer 1. Then mix your green chiles and cream cheese together (again in a seperate bowl). Spread your cream cheese mixture on top of the beans as layer 2. Then spread your guac on as layer 3. Then your sourcream as layer 4. Then your salsa as layer 5. Then sprinkle with lettuce as layer 6. Then layer with cheease as layer 7. I usually add the diced tomatos and sliced olives to top things off. It makes what I consider a lot and is definately plenty for any size gathering. It also refridgerates well for about a week. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

Today I made a Pumpkin Cheesecake & a Crunch Top Apple Pie for Thanksgiving. I am dying to try then but can already tell they will be delicious. I have tried a lot of Paula Dean recipes, we do live in the south, and have been so pleased every time!

Pumpkin Cheesecake
http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/pumpkin_cheesecake

Crunch Top Apple Pie
http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/crunch_top_apple_pie

Also, really really love this one. Made it for Mike when he got home from SERE.

German Chocolate Cake Cheesecake Style
http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/german_chocolate_cake_cheesecake_style

No comments: