Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Brother

Ethan with his Uncle Michael

The past three weeks have been the scariest three weeks my family has ever faced. My Brother Michael was diagnosed with cancer. He has had surgery and is beginning his treatment. I have waited to blog about this because I couldn't accept this was happening to someone in my family, especially Michael.

Last night I got to speak with him for the first time since we all found out. Expecting to answer the phone and hear the same strong man I saw in September I was shocked when he sounded differen't. I think I described it best in an email I sent to him this morning, he sounded like the strongest man I know putting up the fight of his life.

The reality has hit me now. What my Brother is facing is extremely serious and scary. I have posted the link above to his blog. You can read his story and see his guestbook of all the lives he has touched. I post this because I need everyone I know to be sending Michael & his family positive thoughts and energy. Please include him in your prayers.

No comments: