Saturday, May 9, 2009

For a Good Cause!


This weekend has been titled my "for a good cause" weekend & I think I should really do more of this. I had two opportunities present themselves where I can do something that may make a difference in someone's life.
Friday my sister, Kristina, held a blood drive at her office. I went and donated one pint of blood, which my body was hesitant to give up.
Saturday I participated in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. I ran a 5k in support of the battle against breast cancer. I was surprised by my reaction as I reached the finish line and the overwhelming cheers of complete strangers excited for each person crossing that pink line. Overhearing the stories of those who won and lost their battles with breast cancer brought tears to my eyes.
Stay tuned for more feel good moments & ways we can all show our support or make a difference!

No comments: