Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Real Update!

It has been a while since I have given any real update as to what is going on in our lives, so here it is...

Ethan is walking, practically running, perfectly these days. He has become a chatter box and I love it. He says words like milk, Mike, bread, dog, Dad, Mom, more, and a lot of grunting. Ethan has also started this fun pointing game where he points at everything. Sometimes I mistake this for his telling me wants something and we end up wondering around the house pointing at things. He has started appreciating story time every night and will sit on the couch next to you and listen to all the words very carefully, you have to let him turn the pages though. He is such a joy!

Michael has finished Basic Combat Training (BCT) and has started Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS) @ Ft. Rucker, AL. This is only 7 weeks, a lot shorter then BCT, so we are looking forward to his life not being like prison very soon. His graduation from WOCS is June 5th. He will then get 10 days of leave that we will spend moving to Alabama and finding a place to live. In October we drove across the country from NC to UT, that must have been practice for the drive from UT to AL but this time we will have Ethan. There is still a couple years of training & flight school in Michael's future that is honestly looking forward to.

I am still working diligently on my MBA. I would really like to finish sometime between January 2010 & July 2010. It is a lot more challenging then my undergraduate degree but will be worth it when I finish. Work is busy as usual. My team has gone through some reorganization as team members go to pursue new opportunities. It is exciting for me to see them taking on new challenges. I also have numerous small projects I will be tackling in the next few weeks. Besides being Mom, working, and going to school, I will be packing up the house in preparation for the movers. Surprisingly looking forward to that!

We, as always, are super happy and I still have to pinch myself everyday to make sure this is real. As I tell everyone all the time we completely recognize how fortunate we are and love every single day of our life together.

No comments: