Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 1... sigh

Tomorrow will signify week 1 of our new life. I have to tell you, being alone was never a big deal to me, this time it is. I guess I have never been with anyone that I really truelly want to share my whole life with. There are moments in each day that I wish Mike was here for. Today I heard the garage door open and got excited that he was home, it only lasted a moment when I realized I won't get that pleasure for a while. I received an email from Mike's Dad today, also Mike, and got excited for a moment when I saw an email from Mike Maquet.

Last night was my first night in our home since he has left. My first night sleeping in our bed without him. Today was my first day going to the gym without him. All these things individually are no big deal but together sure make me miss him. Mike makes life more enjoyable and way easier. Not only is he my soulmate but he is Ethan's hero... and I miss him!

I am no stranger to military life, I am no stranger to independence, and I am definately no stranger to making the best of every situation. It is purely an adjustment, just a harder adjustment then I anticipated. There are many more days, night, weeks, months, possibly years not having Mike home and they will get easier.

Goodbye week 1... happy to see you go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not sure they will get easier, it is never easy to be without the one you truly love. But you will get used to missing him, and it will help you love and appreciate him and the moments you get together. I always think of you when I watch Army Wives!!